Basic Self Defense Concepts and Skills
Raise awareness of possible threats -
to avoid them
- Know your area - Use Nixle and other information services
- Use safety tips to develop day-to-day personal safety habits
- How close is too close? Decide in advance. Know when to fight.
- How to trust your instincts - wisely.
you can take charge and defend yourself!
- Learn basic kicks, blocks, and strikes: what they are, and how to practice them
- Review common assault scenarios, including grab, holds, and choke attacks
- Learn how to use balance, leverage, timing and footwork against them.
Be prepared through practice and training:
- Effective self defense combinations
- Limit the damage, disrupt the attack, and set up next move
- Multiple strikes to soft/vital targets
- Disrupt, disable and create distance to escape