Parenting challenge: My 7th grader's unhealthy dependence on screens
www.greatschools.org emailed a great series of screen related situations and tips for each one.
- My child refuses to turn off the computer, TV, or video game when I ask.
- My children keep arguing about controlling screens.
- My child sneaks into their room to watch TV or play video games.
- My child gets distracted from homework by social media.
- My child looks at media online that I consider inappropriate.
- I'm worried my child might have an unhealthy dependence on screens.
For tips and adviseon each topic,click here. Find the Screen Time Block, and then click on the topic for
One additional cure for the common screen
United Studios of Self Defense (USSD) is the leader in perfecting martial arts instruction for self defense, on an instructor/student basis. Students receive personal instruction and attention, to insure the program is meeting their specific goals and objectives.
Martial Arts can unify mind, body, and spirit. The system of movements improve and lengthen focus, in the here and now.
Provide alternatives that take screens 'out of the picture'. Training at USSD is a great antidote for life in the zone of distraction.Free Pass